I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to being back in the classroom with all of our students! I can't wait to watch our group's progress over the entire marching season, indeed, the whole school year. My hope for all of us is that we can regain some normalcy and enjoy our time together.
Our first week of school will be a busy one for everyone. In addition to meeting new teachers/students, we will start our regular rehearsal schedule. Remember, we have rehearsals Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday afternoons from 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Rehearsals are co-curricular events, which means they are an extension of the classroom. Therefore, I expect that you attend all of them.
As usual, students will be bombarded with paperwork during the first week of school. All of it is important. Would you please make every attempt to return that paperwork by Friday?
This week's itinerary:
Monday, Aug. 9th. - Teacher Planning - The Band Hall will be open for anyone who would like to come to practice. 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Aug. 10th., - First day for students. Rehearsal 4:00 - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 11th., - No rehearsal. The band hall is closed.
Thursday, Aug. 12th. - Full Band rehearsal 4-5:30 p.m.
Meet the Band 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. - Students should wear their black shorts, a clean white t-shirt, and their band shoes. If they do not have their band shoes, please wear the darkest tennis shoes they have. Also, students will need their marching shoes for their performance on Friday, Aug. 20th.
Friday, Aug., 13th. - No rehearsal. The band hall is closed.
A few reminders for rehearsals.
- Your student will wear black shorts, a white t-shirt, and either laced-up tennis shoes or marching shoes each day at rehearsal.
- Students should bring a snack for after school.
- Students will have access to ice and water. They should bring their water jug.
- Students should also continue to bring hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc.
- Students and at least one parent should be signed up for the Remind Group Texting service.
- Please make sure to turn in your carwash monies and band fair share donations.
Lastly, Parents, please consider getting involved in the Navarre High School Band Parent Association. We need your help to make this the best experience for our students.
Dean Barrow, Band Director