Students wanting the honors credit will remain in their current class, but their class code will be amended to reflect the honors.
If you feel that you qualify and would like to be in the honors program, please let Mr. Barrow know by
Tuesday, August, 15th.
The requirements are below.
SANTA ROSA COUNTY SCHOOLS
High School Band Honors 5-6 Credit
Requirements for admission - These are the minimum requirements to be accepted. Please pay special attention because points 2 and 3 must have been completed during the 2016-2017 school year.
1. Must be an incoming Junior or Senior.
2. Must have at least one full year of membership in the top level concert ensemble prior to admission.
3. Must perform a Grade 5 solo (or higher) at the annual District 1 Florida Bandmasters Association District Solo and Ensemble Contest.
4. Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA at the time of registration.
Curriculum Requirements (during enrollment)
1. Student must be enrolled in the Top Concert Ensemble class.
2. Student must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
3. Student must prepare and pass off ALL Florida All-State Ensemble audition materials before the scheduled District 1 Audition Date (typically in early September).
4. Student must prepare and pass off Santa Rosa All-County Ensemble audition materials before the scheduled Audition Date (typically in November).
5. Student must complete a five page research paper that discusses the impact, contributions, and importance that one of the following composers has had on modern wind band repertoire and trends. Choose one of the following composers: Gustav Holst, John Philip Sousa, Percy Grainger, Vincent Persichetti, Ralph Vaughan Williams, or Morton Gould.
6. Student must be enrolled in Top Concert Ensemble class.
7. Student must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
8. Student must prepare and perform a level Grade 5 solo (or higher) at the annual District 1 Florida Bandmasters Association District Solo and Ensemble Contest (typically in mid-February).
9. Student must perform a level Grade 5 solo (or higher) at a local High School Band Concerto Competition (typically in late February).
10. Student must complete a five page research paper discussing one of the composers of the music their top level concert ensemble is preparing for their annual District Concert Music Performance Assessment (typically in early March).